Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Zesty Italian Beef Sandwiches

So I made these Italian Beef Sandwiches the other night for dinner and the family loved them. Super easy too. I'll include the recipe which I got from gooseberrypatch.com.

3 pound chuck roast, quartered
1-2 tablespoons oil
2 oz. pkg. zesty italian salad dressing mix
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 cup prepared zesty italian dressing
12 ounce can beer
1 onion, chopped
6-7 pepperoncini peppers, chopped
6-7 hard crusty hoagies
Brown the roast in oil. Drain well and place in a slow cooker. Sprinkle with the dry salad dressing mix. Pour beer over top. Add remaining ingredients, mix well. Cover and cook on high 5-6 hours, until the meat shreds easily with a fork. I shredded the meat then added it back to the slow cooker with the sauce and cooked an additional 20 minutes. Spoon onto buns and add as much sauce as desired.

Or do like my husband did and dunk the whole sandwich into the sauce and eat it with a fork. I served it with salad and french fries. Terrific and easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment