Thursday, May 26, 2011

Red, White and Blueberry Pie

One of my favorites for Memorial Day or Fourth of July.

1/2 pkg. (15 ounces) refrigerated pie crusts (1 crust)
1 quart fresh strawberries, divided
4 squares (1 ounce each) white chocolate for baking (I have used 2 cups white chocolate chips instead)
1 pkg. (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup milk
1 pkg. (3.3 ounces) white chocolate instant pudding and pie filling
1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
1 cup thawed cool whip

Preheat oven to 350. Let pie crust stand at room temperature 15 minutes. Place crust in 9inch pie plate, pressing dough into bottom and up sides. Prick bottom and sides using fork or pastry tool. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.

Rinse strawberries and pat dry. Select 8 uniformly sized ones for dipping; but in half. Set aside. Hull and slice remaining ones.

Melt white chocolate until smooth in small saucepan, stirring constantly. Do not overheat. Dip strawberry halves in melted chocolate; place on a sheet of wax paper cut side down. Refrigerate 15 minutes or til set. Spread remaining melted chocolate over bottom of crust. Layer sliced strawberries next. Beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually whisk in milk until well blended. Add pudding mix; whisk until mixture begins to thicken. Spread mixture evenly over strawberries.

Arrange blueberries evenly over top of pie filling. Top with whipped topping. Place dipped strawberry halves on whipped topping. Refirgerate until ready to serve. 8 servings.

1 comment:

  1. This looks so yummy!!! Thanks Vi for stopping in at my blog and linking up last friday. I'm about a week behind following friends back.

    You know I LOVE Gooseberry patch. Looks like you do, too! I'd love to host you on my blog as guest chef. That just means you give me a recipe with 1-3 photos and I'll post it on my blog. You get full credit and all links back to you. It can even be of a recipe you already have on your blog. LMK! xoxox Susie

    Oh and I have blog links up on my blog right now. Friendly Wednesday, Thur. Alexa Blog Hop and I'm getting ready to post my U Follow Me Follow U Friday hop! Come link up! People visit them all week long.

    ReplyDelete